Category Index Page
The Category Index is a widgeted page where you can showcase your post categories. Perfect for featuring your recipes, stylish outfits, DIY projects, and more! The Category Index makes it easy to beautifully show the categories you blog about most and make it easy for visitors to browse your content.
Click here to view a live example of the page.
Set up the category index
- Create a new page in your Wordpress dashboard at Pages > Add New.
- In the right column, find the Template section and choose "Category Index" from the drop-down menu.
- Publish page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- On the left, find Genesis Featured Posts widget and drag it into the Category Index widget area. Configure the settings as seen below.
- You do not have to use the category shown in the screenshot — you can use your own! To showcase multiple categories, repeat adding Featured Posts widgets to the Category Index section. Our demos usually feature 3 categories but you can have as many as you'd like.
Please note that our themes only support one category index page. It is not possible to set up a second category index page with different widgets.