Rowan - Gallery Page
A Gallery page will automatically be set up when you install your theme. You should see a new Gallery tab in your Wordpress dashboard. You can access your Gallery page on your site at http://yourwebsite.com/gallery
Here’s how the Gallery works:
- The central Gallery Page will display your Gallery entries in three columns.
- When you click on one of the images on the Gallery page, you are taken to an individual gallery entry page where more images/content/etc can be displayed. The individual gallery entries have a “Back to Gallery” button at the bottom so visitors can easily navigate back to your central Gallery page.
- The featured image and title that you set for the individual gallery entry page is what will display on the central Gallery page.
Before you begin: For the Gallery to work correctly, you’ll need to first reset your Permalinks. Go to your Wordpress dashboard > Settings > Permalinks. Do not change your Permalink structure – just simply click the “save changes” button at the bottom of the page, and that will reset your Permalinks.
- To add a new Gallery entry, go to Gallery > Add New.
- At the top of the page, add a title. This is the title that will display on your central Gallery page for this Gallery entry.
- On the right side of the page, add a featured image. This is the image that will display on your central Gallery page for this Gallery entry.
- In the content area, you can add images, text, an image gallery – whatever you’d like. This is what will display after the Gallery entry is clicked on from the central Gallery page.
GALLERY FILTERS & TYPES
The Rowan theme features a filterable gallery (filter menu shown above). To set up the filters, you’ll use a built-in gallery feature called Types. In this case, a Type simply means a "category."
To add a new Gallery Type, go to Gallery > Types and create a new type. A list of all of your active types is on the right. Once you’ve added all the types you want, you can categorize your gallery entries under the different types you set up. All active Types will show in the filter menu.
If your gallery filters aren't showing up...
- Make sure you have at least two different Types assigned to two different gallery entries, otherwise the filters will not display.
- If you have a Type that is not being used (i.e. has zero entries assigned to it), delete it. Having types that aren't in use can sometimes cause the filter menu to not appear.