Genesis - How to easily switch out your sidebar photo
All of our themes come with a custom sidebar "about me" widget with a photo and blurb about yourself. Below we'll show you how to swap out your current image with a new one.
How to change your sidebar photo
1. Crop your image into a square at least 500x500px. Your photo MUST be square if you would like it to turn into a circle as seen in the demo. Use a program like Photoshop or Canva to easily crop your image into a square.
2. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Media > Add New. Upload your image.
3. Once your image has uploaded, click “Edit” next to the image file name. On the next page, copy the File URL from the right column.
4. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Open the Primary Sidebar widget area and open the Custom HTML widget containing your about me widget.
5. Find this line of code in the widget:
<img id="about-photo" src="http://mywebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/myimage.jpg" />
6. Select the link following src=" and paste your new File URL to replace it. Be sure to keep everything else the same, including the quotes around the link.