Couture - Alternate Homepage Setup
In the Couture theme, the first blog post displays above the rest of the content on the page. If you would prefer to have a "traditional" blog format, where all the posts are in a single column, follow the instructions below.
Restore Traditional Blog Format
Because the featured post at the top of the page is not in the normal blog loop, the Couture theme has coding in place to offset your blog posts by one. This means that if you simply delete the Genesis Featured Posts widget, your first post will not display. You'll just need to remove this bit of code to remove the offset and allow your first post to display in the normal loop.
1. Go to Wordpress > Appearance > Editor > Theme Functions (Functions.php)
2. Scroll to the bottom of the file. We've put the offset code at the very bottom to you can find it easily.
3. Delete this code:
4. Update File.
Add an image slider instead of featured post
Another option you have is to add an image slider in the place of the featured post at the top of the page, similar to the slider in our Chanel theme. We recommend the plugin Meta Slider and it's easy to set up.
1. Please note you should still follow the above instructions for removing the blog post offset if you add a slider.
2. Install and activate Meta Slider.
3. Click the Meta Slider tab at the bottom left of your dashboard.
4. Click the "+" button to create a new slider.
5. Set your slider width to 1000px and whatever height you choose. Remove slider navigation and arrows if desired.
6. Upload your images for the slider and click Publish.
7. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Meta Slider widget into the Homepage Featured Post widget area.
8. Select the slider you created from the drop-down menu. Save.