Ivy - Set up navigation menus
For detailed instructions on how to create and use menus in Wordpress, click here.
The Ivy theme supports two navigation menus: the Primary Navigation Menu and the Secondary Navigation Menu.
- Primary Navigation Menu = The scrolling menu at the very top of the page
- Secondary Navigation Menu = The menu underneath your site title or logo
How to set up your navigation menus
- In your Wordpress dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus.
- Give your menu a name and click Create Menu.
- Add the pages/categories you want to have in your menu.
- At the bottom of the page, under Menu Settings, select a display location for your menu. This will determine where in the theme your menu will display (see above for menu locations).
- Save Menu.
- If you want to use both menus at once, create a new menu and assign the other menu location.