Ivy - Carousel Slider
The Ivy theme features a carousel slider at the top of the homepage. The carousel displays both portrait and landscape images, so it's perfect for showing your photographs! If you prefer to use a traditional image slider, scroll to the bottom of this page for instructions.
Setting up carousel slider
2. In your Wordpress dashboard, go to FooGallery > Add Gallery.
3. At the top, click the "Add Media" button. Select the images you would like to have in your carousel.
4. After loading in your images, you can easily drag them to rearrange the order.
5. Configure the following settings:
Gallery Template: CAROUSEL
Width: LEAVE BLANK
Height: 450 (or your desired height)
Enable Auto-Width: YES
Crop Thumbnail to Exact Dimensions: UNCHECK
Image Link: NOT LINKED
Border Style: RIGHTMOST BOX (NONE)
Hover Effect: RIGHTMOST BOX (NONE)
Carousel Stage: 4
6. After configuring your settings, click Publish.
7. Find the "Gallery Shortcode" box in the right column. Copy the shortcode.
8. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Home - Slider widget area. Paste your shortcode. Save.
Alternate Slider Option
Prefer to use a traditional image slider? ( example) It's an easy change!
(These dimensions will make your slider display the full width of the screen. Feel free to use different dimensions if you don't want a full-width slider).
6. Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Wordpress dashboard.
7. Drag the Meta Slider widget into the Home - Slider widget area. Select the name of your slider and then save.