Vivienne - Set up navigation menus
For detailed instructions on how to create and use menus in Wordpress, click here.
The Vivienne theme supports three navigation menus: the Primary Navigation Menu, Secondary Navigation Menu, and Footer Navigation Menu.
- Primary Navigation Menu = Displays at the very top of the page to the right of the site title
- Secondary Navigation Menu = Displays underneath the header area and above the first homepage widget area (not shown in the demo)
- Footer Navigation Menu = Displays in the footer of the theme on the left
How to set up your navigation menus
- In your Wordpress dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus.
- Give your menu a name and click Create Menu.
- Add the pages/categories you want to have in your menu.
- At the bottom of the page, under Menu Settings, select a display location for your menu. This will determine where in the theme your menu will display (see above for menu locations).
- Save Menu.
- If you want to use both menus at once, create a new menu and assign the other menu location.