Vivienne - Sidebar Widgets
To add sidebar widgets to your site, go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag widgets from the left into the Primary Sidebar area to place them in your sidebar.
Sidebar Widgets used in the Vivienne Demo
- Sidebar photo – click here for instructions
- Social icons – click here for instructions
- Genesis eNews Extended widget – this is the “Get on the List" widget in the demo (learn how to configure this widget here)
- Genesis Featured Posts – this is the "Reader Favorites" widget. Configure settings as shown below.
- "Where I Shop" Menu – scroll down for instructions
- Search bar
Genesis Featured Posts configuration
Where I Shop Menu
The Where I Shop menu in the demo is just a normal navigation menu widget. The intended idea behind the Where I Shop menu is for you to link to your favorite stores via your affiliate network (ShopStyle Collective or RewardStyle). That way you can earn commission when anyone clicks on your links. You definitely don't have to use an affiliate network if you prefer to just link directly to the sites you shop at.
- To set up the menu, first create a new menu at Appearance > Menus.
- On the left side of the page, click the Custom Links tab.
- Add your store link in the "URL" field. Add the text for your link in the "Link Text" field. If you want to use affiliate links, you can obtain URLs from your affiliate network account. Repeat for all of your links.
- Publish the menu but do not assign any menu location.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Navigation Menu widget into the Primary Sidebar widget area. Select the menu you just created, and then save.