WooCommerce Shop Setup Instructions
All of our Premium Wordpress Themes support WooCommerce, which is the most popular e-commerce plugin for Wordpress. We really love WooCommerce for its ease of use, great features, and customizability. There are also lots of WooCommerce extensions available, both free and paid, that can add all sorts of different functionalities to your shop.
How to Set up a WooCommerce Shop in your theme
- Install and activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Install and activate the Genesis Connect for WooCommerce plugin.
- At the top of your dashboard, you should see a link to go through the WooCommerce setup wizard. It's very important that you do so, and in particular, allow the shop pages to be created. If the shop pages aren't created, it can cause missing page content on your site.
- Now you're ready to start selling!
New to WooCommerce? Hop over to the WooCommerce Getting Started page to learn all about how to create products, set up payment options, configure settings, and lots more.
Configure image sizes
If your WooCommerce image sizes aren't displaying correctly, here's the fix:
- Go to Wordpress > Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images.
- The image settings used in our theme demos are: 800 for the Main Image Width; 400 for the thumbnail width; and 1:1 cropping. If you would like to choose a different image "shape" (i.e. vertical/portrait instead of square), you can select the "Custom" option and set a custom aspect ratio.
- Once you've set your image sizes, click Publish.
- Return to your Wordpress dashboard and go to Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails. Click "Regenerate Thumbnails For All X Attachments." Don't close the page until regeneration has completed.
- Your WooCommerce image sizes should now look correct!