Install Genesis Framework
- Go to https://www.studiopress.com/get-genesis, enter your email address, and download the Genesis Framework (free). The download should automatically start after clicking "Get Genesis."
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes.
- At the top, click Add New and then click Upload Theme on the next page.
- Click Choose File. Select the genesis.3.4.0.zip file that you downloaded.
- Click Install Now and wait for the framework to install. Do not activate.
You can update Genesis any time in the future as updates become available. It's good practice to update Genesis to the latest version before updating WordPress to avoid compatibility issues. We also advise that you backup your site prior to installing any updates.
Some browsers automatically unzip files upon download. If this happens, you won't be able to upload the unzipped Genesis file onto your site. Click here for instructions on disabling automatic unzipping of files.