How to set up Google Analytics
As a website owner or blogger, it's essential to keep track of your analytics. Analytics can provide useful data like: what pages are being visited most on your website, how long users stay on your website, where your users are coming from – and so much more! Google Analytics is the industry standard when it comes to analytics, and below we'll show you how to set up Google Analytics on your website. It's super easy!
1. Sign up for Google Analytics
Go to http://analytics.google.com and log in with your Google account. Fill out the signup information and click Get Tracking ID.
If you've already signed up, you can skip to step 2.
2. Grab Your Tracking ID Code
1. Once you're signed up, go to your Google Analytics dashboard.
2. In the lower left corner, click on the Settings button.
3. In the Settings, click on "Tracking Info."
4. Under Tracking Info, select "Tracking Code."
5. On the Tracking Code page, select the code in the box and copy it (right click > copy).
3. Add the Tracking Code to your website
1. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the "Header and Footer Scripts" section.
3. Paste (right click > paste) your tracking code in the Header Scripts box.
4. Click Save Changes.
4. All done!
Google Analytics is now installed on your site and will start collecting information. It can take 24 to 48 hours to begin seeing data in your Google Analytics dashboard.
If you don't have any data after 48 hours, check to see if you have a caching plugin installed and clear the cache if so. Caching can cause the tracking code not to be added to your live website right away.