Your theme has an optional 3-column footer, which looks like this: (fonts/colors will vary by theme)
Setting up the 3-column footer
The 3-column footer is fully customizable, so you can put any widgets you'd like inside of the columns!
To add widgets, go to WordPress > Appearance > Widgets. Drag widgets from the left side of the page into Footer 1 (left column), Footer 2 (middle column), or Footer 3 (right column).
Widgets that work well in the 3-column footer
- Navigation Menu widget (Browse the Blog in screenshot above)
- Genesis eNews widget (Join the List in screenshot above)
- Social media icons (Connect in screenshot above)
- Categories widget
- Archives widget
- Search widget
- Text widget (i.e. for a site disclosure)
Using a navigation menu in the footer
- Go to WordPress > Appearance > Menus. Click Create a New Menu.
- On the left, select the links you'd like to add to your footer menu. You can add pages, categories, custom links, etc. Once you're happy with your menu, click Save Menu.
- Go to WordPress > Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Navigation Menu widget into the footer area of your choice (Footer 1, Footer 2, or Footer 3) and select the menu you created. Save.