Chanel - Social Media Icons
In the Chanel theme, you can place your social icons in the sidebar or footer area.
A “social profile link” is the direct URL to your profile on Facebook, Twitter, etc. To obtain your social profile link, visit your public profile in your browse and copy the URL from the address bar.
You must use a complete URL when setting up your icons, meaning your URL should include http:// and look something like this: http://www.facebook.com/17thavenuedesigns. If you only use "facebook.com/17thavenuedesigns," you will get a page error when you click on the icon.
Linking your Icons
- In your theme download file, go to the Custom Codes folder and open the “social-icons” file. This is an editable document where you’ll be connecting each social icon to your social profiles.
- Inside the file, you will see several spaces that say YOUR FACEBOOK LINK or YOUR TWITTER LINK. Paste the URLs of your social profiles to replace these text markers.
- Be sure that you keep everything around your link the exact same, including the quotation marks. Sample code: <a href=”http://facebook.com/17thavenuedesigns.com/”>
- After you have added all of your links, highlight the code in social icons document and copy it.
- From here, follow the instructions below to place your icons in the Footer, Sidebar, or Navigation Menu.
Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Wordpress dashboard. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Footer Social Icons widget area. Paste your code from step 4 above. Save.
Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Wordpress dashboard. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Primary Sidebar widget area. Paste your code from step 4 above. Save.
Icons not displaying correctly?
If your icons are not displaying or linking correctly, please see this article.