Audrey - Social media icons
In the Audrey theme, the social media icons are displayed in the following locations:
- Offscreen Menu
- Primary sidebar
- Site footer
- Instagram landing page
The icons can also be displayed in any other widget area, such as the 3-column footer widget areas.
Linking your Icons
- In your theme download file, go to the Custom Codes folder and open the “social-icons” file. This is an editable document where you’ll be connecting each social icon to your social profiles.
- Inside the file, you will see several spaces that say YOUR FACEBOOK LINK or YOUR TWITTER LINK. Paste the URLs of your social profiles to replace these text markers.
- Be sure that you keep everything around your link the exact same, including the quotation marks. Sample code: <a href=”https://instagram.com/17thavedesigns”>
- After you have added all of your links, highlight the code in social icons document and copy it.
- From here, follow the instructions below to place your icons in the theme.
A “social profile link” is the direct URL for your profile on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The easiest way to obtain your social profile link is to visit your public profile in your browser and copy the URL from the address bar.
You must use a complete URL when setting up your icons, meaning your URL must include https:// and look something like this: https://www.instagram.com/17thavedesigns. If you only use "instagram.com/17thavedesigns," you will get a page error when you click on the icon.
Offscreen Menu Icons
Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Offscreen Menu widget area. Paste your social icons code in the text box from Step 4 above. Save.
Primary Sidebar Icons
Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Primary Sidebar widget area. Paste your social icons code in the text box from Step 4 above. Save.
Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Footer Social widget area. Paste your social icons code in the text box from Step 4 above. Save.
Using icons elsewhere in your theme
You can add the social icons code almost anywhere in your theme.
- In the footer: Add a Custom HTML to Footer 1, Footer 2, or Footer 3 and paste your social icons code.
- On a page: Add a Custom HTML block and paste your social icons code.
- In a blog post: Add a Custom HTML block and paste your social icons code.
Icons not displaying correctly?
If your icons are not displaying or linking correctly, please see this article for troubleshooting tips.