How to get the link (URL) for a category
In this tutorial, we'll show you how to get the link for a category page. This is particularly useful if your theme uses Genesis Featured Page Advanced and you'd like to link to a category. This would also be useful if you'd like to link a button to a category page.
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Hover your cursor over the category you'd like to grab the link for.
- Click View.
- The category page will open in your browser. In the address bar, select and copy the complete link.
- Paste the link wherever you need.
Linking to a category with Genesis Featured Page Advanced
- Follow the steps above to copy your category link.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. If you have an existing Genesis Featured Page Advanced (GFPA) widget, click open the widget. If not, drag a GFPA widget into the widget area of your choice.
- Inside the GFPA widget settings, click Feature a Custom Page Link.
- Paste your category link in the Custom Page Link field. Click Save.