Sidebar "About Me" Photo
Note: The appearance of your "about" widget will vary depending on which theme you are using.
Preparing your image
Before you begin, crop your image into a square at least 500 by 500 px. Your photo MUST be a square if you would like it to turn into a circle as seen in the demo. You can use a program like Photoshop or Canva to crop your image into a square.
If you imported the demo widgets
1. Go to WordPress > Media > Add New and upload your square image.
2. Once your image is uploaded, click "Edit" next to the image file name. On the next page, copy the Image File URL from the right column.
3. Go to Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar.
4. Replace the image link following src= with your new image. Your image link should be placed inside the quotation marks following src=.
5. Replace the About page link following href= with your own About page link. Your About page link should be placed inside the quotation marks following href=.
If you did not import the demo widgets
1. Copy the following code:
2. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Primary Sidebar widget area and paste the code in the box.
4. Go to WordPress > Media > Add New and upload your square image.
5. Once your image is uploaded, click "Edit" next to the image file name. On the next page, copy the Image File URL from the right column.
6. Go back to the Custom HTML widget on your Widgets page.
7. Replace YOUR IMAGE LINK HERE with your Image File URL.
8. Replace LINK TO ABOUT PAGE with the link to your about page (i.e. http://yourwebsite.com/about). Click Save.