Sidebar "About Me" Photo
- Crop your image into a square at least 350 by 350 px. Your photo MUST be a square if you would like it to turn into a circle as seen in the demo, otherwise it may appear distorted. You can use a program like Photoshop or PicMonkey to crop your image into a square.
- Go to Wordpress > Media > Add New and upload your image.
- Once your image is uploaded, click “Edit” next to the image file name. On the next page, copy the Image File URL from the right column.
- If you imported your widgets, stop here and refer to the note at the bottom of this page.
- In your theme download file, go to the Custom Codes folder and open the “sidebar-photo” file.
- Paste your image link to replace YOUR IMAGE LINK HERE in the code. Keep the quotation marks around the link. If you’d like, you add a link to your “about me” page in the designated spot, or you can remove that portion of the code.
- Copy the contents of the sidebar-photo file. Go to Appearance > Widgets in your Wordpress dashboard.
- Drag a Custom HTML widget into the Primary Sidebar area. Paste your code in the text box. Save.
If you imported your widgets, skip steps 5-8 and go to Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar. Open the widget and pop in your image URL and about page link, and you're done! Easy!