Savannah - Coming Soon page
Setting up the coming soon plugin
- Click here to download the Savannah Coming Soon Page file. Once downloaded, unzip the file.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
- Install and activate the CMP - Coming Soon & Maintenance plugin.
- Go to CMP Settings > CMP Advanced Setup > Import/Export.
- Under Import CMP Settings, click Select Json File. Navigate to the Savannah Coming Soon Page file and select the savannah-coming-soon.json file.
- Click Import Settings.
Customizing the coming soon page
- Once you've completed the import, go to CMP Settings > CMP Basic Setup > Content tab.
- Replace the Text Logo with your own site title, and replace the Logo Link URL with the link to your website. You can also upload a logo image to replace the text logo if you prefer.
- In this tab, you can also modify the "Coming Soon" text, change the background color (or upload a background image), and link your social icons.
- Next, go to the Customize tab. If you'd like to use the fonts from the Savannah theme, we've included instructions below. Otherwise, you can select your own fonts from the drop-down menus. You can also modify your colors in the Customize tab.
- Lastly, to activate the Coming Soon Page, go to the General Settings tab > CMP Status and click Enabled.
Optional: You can modify your Coming Soon Page SEO (title, description, favicon, etc) in the SEO & Analytics tab.
Adding custom fonts to the coming soon page
- Go to CMP Settings > CMP Basic Setup > Customize tab.
- Under Upload Custom Font, click Upload Font.
- From inside your Savannah Coming Soon Page file, select the ShipporoMincho-Regular.woff2 and Outfit-Regular.woff2 files. If they are uploaded correctly, you should see the fonts displayed in the Fonts Preview box.
- Click Save All Changes.
Launching your site
The Coming Soon Page will only be visible when you are logged out of your WordPress dashboard. When logged in, you'll still see your theme. This allows you to edit and customize your theme behind the scenes, while visitors see your Coming Soon Page.
When you are ready to launch your site, go to CMP Settings > CMP Basic Setup > General Settings > CMP Status. Click Disabled. We also recommend deactivating or deleting the plugin if you no longer need a Coming Soon Page.