Magnolia - Instagram Landing Page
What is an Instagram landing page? An Instagram landing page is the page that your followers will "land on" when they click the link in your bio. Custom Instagram landing pages have become incredibly popular and they're a great way to direct your followers to multiple different locations (a link to your awesome free ebook, your services page, etc). You can use a third-party service to create an Instagram landing page, but your customization options are limited and you can only add a plain list of links. No fun!
With the Custom Instagram Landing Page, you can add literally anything. YAY! Some ideas:
- Custom link list
- Subscription form (using Genesis eNews)
- Social media icons
- An image of yourself and a bio
- Your latest blog posts with images
- And anything else you want!
How to Create an Instagram Landing Page
If you imported the demo content, you can skip this step.
- In your WordPress dashboard, create a new page at Pages > Add New. Give the page a title like "Instagram" or whatever else you want.
- On the right under Template, select the "Instagram" template. Publish page.
Adding Widgets to the Instagram Page
The Instagram landing page is widget-based, so you'll add content to the page on your Widgets page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag any widgets you want to use into the "Instagram Page" widget area.
Configuring the page like the demo
1. Navigation links (boxes):
- Go to Appearance > Menus > Create a New Menu.
- Add the pages and links you want to display in the demo and then publish the menu.
- Next, go to Appearance > Widgets and drag a Navigation Menu widget into the Instagram Page widget area.
- Select the menu you created, and then save.
- From now on, you can easily update your menu links as needed at Appearance > Menus > Your Instagram Menu.
2. Social Icons
Add your social icons code to a Custom HTML widget.
3. "Latest on the Blog" posts widget:
Drag a Genesis Featured Posts widget into the Instagram Page widget area. Configure settings as shown below:
Customizing the Instagram Landing Page
You can change all the color of the Instagram landing page at Appearance > Customize > Colors.
How to Use on Instagram
Whatever page you added the Instagram Landing Page template to, simply use that link in your Instagram bio. Voilà!