Removing Shop the Post widgets from your blog posts
Several of our Wordpress themes have built-in Shop the Post widget integration. These widgets are placed inside the demo blog posts, so if you import the demo content, the widgets will load onto your website as well. We are frequently asked how these widgets can be removed.
The Simple Way
If you are seeing Shop the Post widgets in your posts (and/or displaying underneath your posts), that means that you've edited the demo posts with your own content, instead of creating your own posts. The simplest way to "fix" this is to just delete the demo posts and create your own entirely new blog posts. New blog posts will not contain any Shop the Post widgets unless you specifically add them.
The Less Simple Way
If you do not want to delete the demo blog posts, but just remove the Shop the Post widgets, here's how:
Note: You'll either need to use the Classic Editor (NOT Gutenberg) or install Gutenberg Custom Fields to access the Custom Fields section.
- In your Wordpress dashboard, open the blog post you want to remove the widget from.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click the "Screen Options" button.
- Place a checkmark in the "Custom Fields" box.
- Scroll down in the post editor to the Custom Fields section.
- Remove the shop_post custom field.
- Click Update to save your changes.