What is the difference between a Premium and Simple Theme?
We offer two kinds of WordPress Themes in our shop:
But what do "Premium" and "Simple" mean?
All of our themes have the same core features, and we'll go over that below. For simplicity sake, the difference is:
- Premium WordPress Themes have unique, eye-catching homepages and are packed with advanced features. Some of our Premium Themes are geared toward blogging and some are geared toward websites and businesses.
- Simple WordPress Themes are straightforward blog themes. A blog feed + a sidebar. No frills or fancy features.
What you'll find in every 17th Avenue theme:
- Gutenberg support
- Mobile responsive across all devices
- SEO optimized
- Automatic plugin installation + demo import
- Custom logo/header with retina support
- Customizable colors (Premium Themes have more color controls than Simple Themes)
- At least 2 navigation menu locations
- Category archive grid
- Shop the Post widget integration (Premium Themes display these widgets in more creative ways)
- Instagram Feed (Premium Themes display the Instagram feed in more creative ways)
What sets a Premium Theme Apart from a Simple Theme?
Here are some features in our Premium Themes that Simple Themes DO NOT have:
- Uniquely designed homepage with up to 10 flexible widget sections — this is the biggest, most obvious difference
- Can be used as a website, blog, or both
- Bespoke accents and features lend a "custom-designed" feel
- Prominent newsletter signup form and call-to-action
- Instagram landing page
- Portfolio page
- Several custom designed page templates – About, Blog, Contact, FAQ, Services, Shop
- Related posts section under each blog post
- Recipe support in blog posts
- WooCommerce shop integration
- Advanced category grid with subcategory sort feature (certain themes)
- Offscreen side menu that pops in when clicked (certain themes)
- Pop-up post navigation to encourage visitors to read more posts (certain themes)
- Trending Now / Popular Posts widgets (certain themes)
Which type of theme is best for me?
- Simple Themes are great for casual bloggers who want a traditional blog layout: just a blog feed and a sidebar
- Premium Themes are great for aspiring bloggers, influencers, business owners, shops, and anyone that wants a more unique site design beyond a blog feed and sidebar