Harper - Blog Page Layouts
Harper has 7 blog page layouts:
- Default layout
- Full Width Grid
- Alternating List
- One full width post, then grid
- One full width post, then list
Please note that the blog page layouts are intended to be used on a separate "blog" page, not the homepage.
How to use the different blog layouts
1. Go to WordPress > Pages > Add New.
2. Give your page a name, i.e. "Blog"
On the right side of your screen, find the Attributes section. Select your desired blog page layout under "Template."
3. Click Publish to save your page.
There are two layouts that require one additional step beyond the above.
Full Width Grid: Select the "Blog - Grid" layout. Then, change the individual page layout to Full Width.
Alternating List: Select the "Blog - List" layout. Then, change the individual page layout to Full Width.
Is your blog page not displaying the way it should? Here are some common issues + how to solve them:
- Duplicate blog posts on the blog page: Go to Settings > Reading. Make sure that your Blog page is NOT selected under "Posts page."
- Blog page layout is not applying to the blog page: Same as above — go to Settings > Reading. Make sure that your Blog page is NOT selected under "Posts page."
- Images not aligning correctly: Go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives. Under "Featured Image Size", select Left. Left is the default alignment set by the Harper theme, so you'll only need to change this to Left if you previously changed it to something else.