Audrey - Testimonials
In this tutorial, we'll go over how to create your own testimonials and configure the testimonials plugin.
Before you begin, make sure you have installed and activated all of the Recommended Plugins for the Audrey theme.
1. To create your first testimonial, go to the Testimonials tab in your WordPress dashboard.
2. At the top of the All Testimonials screen, click Add New.
3. You'll be shown a screen that resembles the WordPress Classic Editor.
Title field: This is where you'll place your testimonial title. The testimonial title can say anything you'd like, since it is only used in the dashboard (will not display on front end of your website).
Text field: This is where you'll place your testimonial text or client's quote.
Client Details: In the demo, only the Full Name field is utilized. Place your client's name here.
Featured Image: Optional; not shown in demo. If you set a featured image, the image will display beneath the testimonial text.
4. Once you've filled in your information, click Publish to save the testimonial.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for any other testimonials you'd like to add.
Creating a testimonial view (widget)
To place the testimonials on your site, you'll create what's called a "View." A View is like a widget containing all of your testimonials.
1. Go to Testimonials > Views > Add New.
2. Here are the settings changed in the demo:
- Name: Add a name for your View here (i.e. "Homepage Testimonials Widget")
- Mode: Slideshow
- Transition: Show slides for 6 seconds
- Under Fields > Title, uncheck the box
- Under Style > Template, select Modern
- All other settings can remain the default
3. Click Save Changes to publish the View.
Adding a testimonial view to your website
Once you've created your testimonials and a View, it's time to add the testimonials to your website.
ON THE HOMEPAGE
Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Strong Testimonials View widget into Front Page 6, or the Front Page widget area of your choice.
If you'd like to add a title above the widget, add your widget title to the Title field (in the demo the title is "What They're Saying").
Under View, select the View you created above. Click Save.
ON A PAGE OR POST
Create or open an existing page or post. Click the plus icon to add a new block. Search and add a Strong Testimonial View block. Under Select a View, select the View you created above. Click Publish or Update.