In an effort to make sure we cover everything, our Theme Documentation articles are thorough and at times lengthy. If you're a seasoned pro and know your way around WordPress and Genesis, you might prefer to skip ahead and not delve into all the little details. If that sounds like you, follow our quick setup process below!
Quick Theme Setup
- Install the Genesis Framework on your Themes page
- Install the child theme file on your Themes page (i.e. amelia-theme.zip)
- Install the plugins for your theme. To find the recommend plugins for your theme, select your theme name on the left and click on Recommended Plugins.
- Import your widgets (highly recommended) and demo content (optional).
- Now it's time to customize your theme! Set up your navigation menus, add your own content to the homepage, upload a logo, etc. And all of the Theme Documentation is there to help in case you get stuck anywhere.