Amelia - Homepage Setup
Before You Begin
- Go to WordPress > Settings > Reading.
- Under Your Homepage Displays, select "Your Latest Posts." Save changes.
- Go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Site Layout and select the Content, Primary Sidebar layout. Click Publish to save.
1. Homepage Post Image Slider
The Amelia slider uses Genesis Responsive Slider. Once the plugin is installed, it will appear in the list of widgets on your Widgets page.
Drag the Genesis Responsive Slider widget into the Front Page 1 widget area to add the slider to your homepage.
Some helpful tips/information about the slider:
- The slider is pre-configured to display as shown in the theme demo. If the slider does not display correctly (e.g. post title is missing), go to Genesis > Slider Settings and click "Reset Settings" at the top.
- For your images to display in the slider, you must have featured images set for your posts. Your featured image should be a landscape image at least 1650x600px.
- By default, the slider will display your most recent posts. If you would like to individually choose which posts display in the slider, click here for instructions.
2. Featured Page Buttons
1. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag a “Genesis Featured Page Advanced” widget into the Front Page 2 widget area.
If you'd like to link to a post category on your site, select Feature a Custom Page Link and add your category URL in the link box.
3. "Currently Loving" Shop widget
This section displays a shopping widget from ShopStyle Collective, a third-party affiliate marketing company. For instructions on setting up an account with ShopStyle and creating these kinds of widgets, click here.
Once you have your affiliate code from ShopStyle or RewardStyle, drag a Custom HTML widget into Front Page 3 and paste your affiliate code.
4. Subscription Widget
Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag the Genesis eNews Extended widget into the Front Page 4 widget area. The widget title used in the demo is “Join the List.” Configure the widget how you would like, and then save.