Uptown - Alternate homepage options
- Post slider
- Traditional image slider
- 3 featured pages or categories
- Install and activate the Genesis Responsive Slider plugin.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Slider Settings.
- At the top of the page, click "Reset Settings," which will automatically configure all the slider settings for you.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag the Genesis Responsive Slider widget into the Front Page 1 widget area. Save.
Tip: if you'd like to to individually choose which posts display in the slider, here's how.
Traditional image slider
A "traditional" slider is an image slider that does not link to blog posts. You have the choice to link the photos anywhere you'd like, or they can be left unlinked.
The recommended size for the image slider is 1140 x 500px. For best results, we advise that you crop your slider images to this size before uploading them (you can do this in Photoshop or a free program like Pixlr).
6. Drag the Meta Slider widget into the Front Page 1 widget area. Select the slider you created, and then hit Save.
3 featured pages or categories
- Install and activate the Genesis Featured Page Advanced plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. If you have any widgets inside Front Page 1, remove them.
- Add 3 Genesis Featured Page Advanced widgets to Front Page 1.
- Configure the widgets as shown below:
Alternate display option for featured page widgets
- Follow the same instructions from the previous section.
- Then, click here and copy the code snippet.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and paste the code in the box. Publish. Feel free to change the background color and link color to whatever colors you'd prefer!