Uptown - Alternate homepage options
The Uptown theme demo displays three featured posts below the header on the homepage. You also have the option to use a post slider or a traditional image slider in place of (or in addition to) the three featured posts. Here's how the post slider looks:
How to set up a post slider
- Install and activate the Genesis Responsive Slider plugin.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Slider Settings.
- At the top of the page, click "Reset Settings," which will automatically configure all the slider settings for you.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. Drag the Genesis Responsive Slider widget into the Front Page 1 widget area. Save.
Tip: if you'd like to to individually choose which posts display in the slider, here's how.
How to set up a traditional slider
A "traditional" slider is an image slider that does not link to blog posts. You have the choice to link the photos anywhere you'd like, or they can be left unlinked.
The recommended size for the image slider is 1140 x 500px. For best results, we advise that you crop your slider images to this size before uploading them (you can do this in Photoshop or a free program like Pixlr).
6. Drag the Meta Slider widget into the Front Page 1 widget area. Select the slider you created, and then hit Save.